Film Actor, Spiritual Activist & Author
- Expertise : Author
- Languages : english
- Website : https://orphanwisdom.com/
STEPHEN JENKINSON is well-known in some circles as the Angel of Death. He worked for many years with palliative care and has guided hundreds of people through their dying times. Some people call him a spiritual activist and some simply a poet. He also runs a school called the Orphan Wisdom School in his native Canada.
Stephen works to teaches internationally and is also the creator and principal instructor of the Orphan Wisdom School, which was co-founded the school with Nathalie Roy in 2010, convening semi-annually in Deacon, Ontario, and northern Europe. He acquires a Master’s degree from Harvard University (Theology) and the University of Toronto (Social Work).
Jenkinson is the author of Come of Age: The Case for Elderhood in a Time of Trouble, the award-winning Die Wise: A Manifesto for Sanity and Soul, Homecoming: The Haiku Sessions which is live teaching from 2013, How it All Could Be: A workbook for dying people and those who love them, Angel and Executioner: Grief and the Love of Life which is live teaching from 2009, and Money and The Soul’s Desires: A Meditation. He is known as the contributing author to Palliative Care that means Core Skills and Clinical Competencies.
Stephen is also the subject of the feature-length documentary film Griefwalker, which is a National Film Board of Canada, 2008, dir. Tim Wilson, a portrait from his work with dying people, and Lost Nation Road, which is a shorter documentary on the crafting of the Nights of Grief and Mystery tours. Since his co-founding Nights of Grief and Mystery with Gregory Hoskins in 2015, he has toured this musical or tent show revival/storytelling/ceremony of a show across North America, the U.K. and Europe, New Zealand, and Australia.
Events by Stephen
- Stone Fence Sagas – Patrimony, Matrimony, Ceremony
- Stone Fence Sagas – They Eat Teachers Here
- Money and the Soul’s Desires ~ Oaxaca
- Die Wise, While There is Still Such a Thing as Wisdom ~ Oaxaca
- Come of Age: Meditations from the World Tree, Withered ~ Oaxaca
- Cantos from the Dark Road ~ Oaxaca
- The Bone House of Love ~ Oaxaca
- 2021 Orphan Wisdom School: People Come From Away ~ Overseas Class
- Cantos from the Dark Road ~Devon, UK
- Orphan Wisdom School: New Class ~ 1/4 Sessions
- Orphan Wisdom School: Big Tent ~ Graduate Class
- The Bone House of Love
- Die Wise, While There is Still Such a Thing as Wisdom
- 2021 Orphan Wisdom Apprenticeship
- Orphan Wisdom School: New Class ~ 2/4 Sessions
Books by Stephen
- Die Wise
- Come of Age
- How it All Could be
- Money and the Soul’s Desires